Friday, February 26, 2010

The Wonders of html & css

Since my post last week, a whole other side to the Internet has been opened up to me. This other side is the world of how websites are constructed. This is done using different markup languages, normally there is a combination of the most common language html, which stands for 'Hyper-Text Markup Language', and another language like css, which stands for 'Cascading Style Sheets'.

I found it surprising when my lecturer told me (and the rest of the lecture theatre) that websites are built using simple text editing programs. This is because the 'tag' is the foundation of all markup languages. I cannot directly show what tags look like because they are read as actual html and not examples of it. Because of this I have decided to post this link to a website I was shown by my tutor, I found it very useful when making my first attempt at a website.

That is all for now,
The Jumper of Candle Sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment